Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Valentine's Day

I love making dinner extra special on Valentine's Day for sweeties! This year I opted to make breakfast for dinner...it was an easy way to incorporate hearts into the meal!

First we'll start with the table:

LOTS of red! I used fancy glasses...which are really just plastic, but the kids get a kick out of using them and I don't have to worry about anything breaking! :)

Each chair had a felt heart banner. Super easy to make. Just cut out a bunch of hearts, then cut two small slits on both sides. Then string your twine or ribbon through. I opted to tie each set together. But either way will work! 

I placed large doilies underneath glass plates to add some lacy sweetness. Each child had a HUGE chocolate kiss and little gift (in the heart box). 

Of course chocolate strawberries for dessert! 


Sparkling OJ  and Shirley Temples to drink - both garnished with a cherry and heart flag

For dinner or breakfast or ....hmmmm. For the meal we had heart shaped pancakes and heart pressed french toast. I tried heart shaped bacon in the oven...big time FAIL...but it still tasted good! 


Take advantage of special days to spoil your loved ones! It's worth all the extra time and effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment